Saturday, May 19, 2007

Today is Race Day

Jeepers, it's here already. We run a 3K today. I wonder how that will go . . . I'll get back to you after the run.

Later:
Well we did it. It's been almost 30 years since I've done something like that! The race was a small one--about 100 runners of all shapes and sizes. Some were real athletes. Others were not. Chris and I started near the back of the pack and stayed there most of the race. The course wound through the local neighborhood and along a trail through the woods. Although the air temperature was under 80 degrees, the sun was brutal! Near the end of the race, my right calf tightened up and I told Chris to run on ahead. She actually finished 15 seconds ahead of me.

Overall, it was a hard thing to do. But we were both glad that we did it, and we are looking at another race on the 4th of July.

Note: The runners depicted here are not Chris and I. I borrowed it from another site. Click on the piture to follow that link.

No comments: